Summer Travel Tips
Essential Travel Tips
- Before you arrive, download your boarding pass on your phone and check the real-time parking map for updates on parking. You can check via cltairport.com or use the CLT mobile app, which you can download for free in the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Expect lines and arrive early. Arrive at least two hours before domestic travel and three hours before flights with an international itinerary.
- Pack Smart. Be sure your bags do not contain items prohibited aboard aircraft to avoid delays in the security checkpoint.
- Hang onto your boarding pass. TSA now asks passengers to keep possession of their boarding passes and hold them up for inspection.
- Hand sanitizer is allowed. In response to COVID-19, TSA is allowing one liquid hand sanitizer container, up to 12 ounces per passenger, in carry-on bags. Passengers are required to remove the hand sanitizer from the carry-on bag before being submitted for X-ray screening.
- Check out website for the latest on retail and dining open at CLT.
Traveling during the pandemic
- Maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- Wear a face covering while in the Airport. It's mandatory.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not possible. Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the terminal. TSA currently allows one liquid hand sanitizer up to 12 ounces per passenger in carry-on bags. It will have to be screened separately, so add some time to the checkpoint experience.
- If you don’t have one, pick up a face mask at the Visitor Info Center in Baggage Claim on the lower level or at the TSA check-in podiums.