The standards for administration and legal processes for the UDO will be primarily located in:
- Article 36 (Ordinance Bodies and Administrators) [DOWNLOAD ARTICLE]
- Article 37 (General Processes), [DOWNLOAD ARTICLE]
- Article 38 (Amendments & Development Approvals), [DOWNLOAD ARTICLE]
- Article 39 (Nonconformities), [DOWNLOAD ARTICLE]
- Article 40 (Enforcement) [DOWNLOAD ARTICLE]
If you would like to submit comments offline through paper forms or over the phone, please call 311 and indicate that you would like to comment on the Charlotte UDO.
Before you get started, we'd like to know more about you! Please provide your name and contact information below.
Helpful tips for commenting on the UDO:
1. Read the standards and make your comments as specific as possible.
While we appreciate general feedback, it is most effective for you to read the standards in the UDO document and note the specific sections of the ordinance for which you are submitting the comment. This will ensure our team can fully review and recommend changes based on your feedback.
2. Tell us, have we achieved the vision adopted in the Charlotte Future 2040 Comprehensive Plan?
We want to align every UDO standard with Charlotte Future 2040 Comprehensive Plan, so comments that recommend changes to the UDO that do not align with this City Council-Adopted policy may not be recommended to City Council in the final ordinance. Get familiar with the Comprehensive Plan by visiting, Charlottefuture2040.com
3. Provide us with some information on who you are and where you reside so we can process and share your feedback appropriately.
Though we cannot promise that each comment will recieve a direct response, we promise to read every comment and to report what we heard to the public.