Westfield Master Plan Reexamination
Westfield Master Plan Reexamination
Welcome to the Town of Westfield's Master Plan Reexamination website. We have reexamined the previous 2009 Master Plan and prepared a 2019 Master Plan Reexamination Report to shape the physical, social, environmental, and economic future of the community. The Master Plan Reexam Master Plan provides a framework for preserving the Town's character, supporting investment, and promoting desired changes.
The 2019 Master Plan Reexamination Report was adopted by the Planning Board on December 19, 2019 and the project is now complete. We thank you for your participation.
This site will no longer be updated.
Quick guide to using PublicInput.com
Creating an account – You have many choices when participating on the PublicInput.com page. You can choose to sign up with your existing Facebook, Twitter, or Google account, sign up with an email, or choose to participate anonymously.
Taking the survey – You can only take the survey once. Once you’ve submitted an answer, the response is logged, but you can always change it immediately or another time. The survey results will reflect any changes.
View results – Clicking on this function will display the question results based on everyone who has answered the question thus far.
Making comments – All entered comments will default to being publicy visible. You can modiy this setting by clicking on "Hide" under your comment. Note that we will not remove critical or negative comments unless they are defamatory, profane, or off-topic.
Hiding comments - If you choose to hide your comments, only yourself and the project team for the study can view your comment.
Agreeing with comments – You can reply to another participant’s comments, you click on “agree” below their comment to indicate your approval or agreement with what they’ve said.
Flagging comments – If you think a comment is unnecessary, or disrespectful, you can “flag” it for review by the moderation team.
Any comments, or questions? Email [email protected]
Who We Are
The Master Plan Reexamination process was facilitated by a Steering Committee, comprised of various town representatives from some of Westfield's Boards and Committees.
- Mayor Shelley Brindle
- Councilwoman Linda Habgood
- Sherry Cronin, former Director - Downtown Westfield Corporation
- James Gildea, Town Administrator
- William Heinbokel, Past Chair, Board of Adjustment
- Liz Jeffery, Economic Development Advisor
- Kelly Kessler, Vice Chair, Historic Preservation Commission
- Kathleen Miller Prunty, Acting Director - Downtown Westfield Corporation
- Robert Newell, Chair, Planning Board
- Gretchan Ohlig, Board of Education Representative
- Donald Sammet, Town Planner
- Alan Tremulak, Esq., Planning Board Attorney
- Anastasia Harrison, Planning Board member, Steerling Committee alternate
- Michael LaPlace, Planning Board member, Steering Committee alternate
H2M Associates and TimHaahs are assisting the Town of Westfield in the development of the Reexamination Report.
Frequently Asked Questions
We started this project in December 2018
Community Workshop #1
Thursday, March 21st, 7-9pm at the Edison Intermediate School Cafeteria
Community Workshop #2
Wednesday, April 3rd, 7-9pm at the Town Hall Community Room
Community Workshop #3
Wednesday, April 24th, 7-9pm at the Edison Intermediate School Cafeteria
Community Workshop #4
Monday, April 29th, 7-9pm at the Town Hall Community Room
Westfield's Spring Fling, Sunday, May 5th, 10am-5pm in Downtown
Planning Board Update
July 1st, 7:30pm at Town Hall
September 3rd - Thank you for your feedback, the survey is now closed. Attend an upcoming fall workshop or attend the Reexamination Report's adoption hearing to provide additional feedback.
Townwide Reexam Summary Meeting
Wednesday, October 2nd, 7pm at the Town Hall Community Room
Monday December 2nd, 7:30pm at Town Hall
Thursday December 19, 2019, 7:30pm at Town Hall
As the Reexamination process moves forward, we will be updating the page with summaries, reports, and photos of the information we have gathered and events we have held.
- Westfield Boards and Committees Stakeholder Visioning Meeting Summary Report - Thursday, February 6, 2019
- Community Workshop #1 Summary Report - Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Community Workshop #2 Summary Report - Wednesday, April 3, 2019
- Community Workshop #3 Summary Report - Wednesday, April 24, 2019
- Community Workshop #4 Summary Report - Monday, April 29, 2019
- Seniors Workshop Summary Report - Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- Townwide Meeting, Presentation of Survey Results and Preliminary Recommendations - Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Westfield also developed a new Parks and Recreation Strategic Plan, separate from this Reexamination Report process.
For more information on that plan, and to see survey results on the Town's parks and recreational offerings, also visit:
The Parks Survey is now closed
Select Continue to see survey results
Thank You, the survey is now closed. We welcome additional feedback at our Townwide Fall Workshop on October 2nd and at the Reexamination Report adoption hearing on December 2nd.