0, 5000 Louisburg Rd (Z-54-21)
0, 5000 Louisburg Rd (Z-54-21)
The rezoning request would increased the maximum height from two and three stories to six stories. New standards in the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) will duplicate most of the existing zoning conditions that are proposed to be removed. Stand-alone office uses would no longer be permitted on the site. The total number of residential units allowed on the site would increase by about 230. Apartments and townhouses would be allowed by the proposal.
- Existing Zoning: OX-3-PK-CU, R-6, & R-1
- The existing zoning districts are Office Mixed Use-3 stories with zoning conditions, Residential-6, and Residential-1. See UDO Section 3.1 for more details on mixed-use districts. See UDO Section 2.1 for more details on residential districts.
- One set of zoning conditions currently exists on the site.
- Conditions from Z-8-2002:
- All trees in the Neuse River buffer with circumference greater than 31.5 inches, Measured 4.5 feet dbh, shall remain undisturbed except for unsafe or unhealthy trees.
- Within 60 days following adoption of this rezoning ordinance, a survey of trees protected shall be provided to the chief zoning inspector.
- Reimbursement for required right-of-way dedication shall be based on Rural Residential value.
- Buffaloe Creek Greenway Corridor to be dedicated at the time of site plan or subdivision approval whichever shall first occur.
- An on-site storm water design structure that would contain runoff discharges from any improvements to current levels. The proposed design should not increase 100-year flood elevations upstream or downstream of the project site as referenced in the aforementioned Beaver Dam East Watershed Study dated October 2000, prepared by McKim and Creed. In addition, compliance with Neuse Buffer Regulations must be met.
- 50% of all trees measuring twelve inches (12”) or more diameter breast height on the property outside of the Special Highway Overly District and/or wetlands be actively preserved and protected.
- To reduce traffic impacts, access on Louisburg Rd. shall not exceed a single curb cut.
- Signage be restricted to a single sign for the 2.39 acres.
- All mechanical equipment be fully screened from public view and the adjacent properties, and that screening be of design and materials compatible with those of the principle building.
- All buildings on the site be a maximum of two (2) stories of 35 feet in height, with a pitched roof equal to or greater than a 3/12 pitch.
- Density not to exceed a maximum of 12 units per acre.
- Any new development shall be limited to within 145 feet of Louisburg Road.
- Proposed Zoning: RX-7-PL-CU
- The proposed zoning is Residential Mixed Use-7 stories with Parking Limited frontage and zoning conditions. See UDO Section 3.1 for more details on mixed-use districts. See UDO Section 3.4 for more details on frontages.
- Proposed Zoning conditions:
- Principal Uses shall be limited to the following: Multi-Unit Living
- Residential use shall be limited to a maximum of 260 units
- Building height shall be limited to a maximum of six (6) stories or ninety (90) feet
- Applicant: Jamie Schwedler, [email protected], 919-835-4529
- Case Planner: John Anagnost, [email protected], 919-996-2638