How we spend our tax dollars should reflect our community’s priorities. County Executive Jessica Fitzwater is preparing Fiscal Year 2024's operating and capital budgets based on input from our community. She held a public hearing in December, followed by a series of town hall meetings, one in each Council district.
- Monday, January 9 - 6 p.m. at Brunswick City Hall, 1 West Potomac Street, Brunswick | Watch the meeting
- Thursday, January 12 - 6 p.m. at Urbana Volunteer Fire & Rescue, 3602 Urbana Pike, Urbana | Watch the meeting
- Monday, January 23 - 7 p.m. at Gov. Thomas Johnson High School, 1501 North Market Street, Frederick | Watch the meeting
- Wednesday, January 25 - 7 p.m. at Waverley Elementary School, 201 Waverley Drive, Frederick | Watch the meeting
- Saturday, January 28 - 1 p.m. at Catoctin High School, Thurmont | Watch the meeting
Another public hearing was held on Tuesday, March 14. It can be viewed below. Additionally, the public was invited to participate in Balancing Act, an interactive exercise that helps to identify budget priorities. Results of Balancing Act will help to shape the County Executive's budget.
Executive Fitzwater's proposed budget will be released no later than April 15.
Watch the March 14th public hearing on the budget.
Watch the Dec. 14, 2022, public hearing on the budget.