How would you spend $4,710,000 in Skyway/West Hill? Participatory budgeting is a democratic process in which community members directly decide how to spend part of a public budget.
It gives people real power to make real decisions over real money.
The votes are in! The winning projects for the Skyway Marijuana Tax Revenue Fund are:
- Grant Program - Youth and Education Programs & Services
- West Hill Community Association - Capacity Building
- Acts on Stage - Summer Youth Theater Program
- Green STEM Apprenticeship Program
- Refining Impact - Mobile Food Bank
- We.APP - Speak with Purpose
- Double Dutch Divas
- Beyond High Schools - College Tours
- Rainier Avenue Radio Apprenticeship Program
- Skyway Business Revitalization Project
- Colorful Communities Parent Support in Schools
- Skyway Arts Commission
- Art in the Park
- Shine Nail Lab - Nail Art Workshops
- So Fresh, So Clean! - Laundromat Fund
The winning Capital Improvement Projects for Skyway are:
- Strolling Safe on 57th Avenue S
- Campbell Hill - Community Track
- Street Beautification - Skyway Business District
- Grocery Outlet - Outdoor Community Space Upgrades
- Welcome Home - Down Payment Assistance
- Where Is My Bus? - Metro Bus Stop Upgrades
- Redevelopment of Cynthia A. Green
- Hewet Skyway - Community Garden
- Community Garden Fund
- Rahwa Ogbe Habte - Memorial Project
- Utility Box - Cultural Art Mural Projects
If you have comments or questions about participatory budgeting, community meetings, or the Community Investment Budget Committee, please contact:
Gloria L. Briggs
Participatory Budgeting Program Manager
Email: [email protected]
Office phone: 206-263-8521
Learn about participatory budgeting and how to submit your ideas in the meetings being held through the end of February. See below for our meeting schedule and submit your ideas on this screen.
Proposal Development March - June
Throughout March and April, community members volunteering as Proposal Advocates review ideas for feasibility and prioritize projects for the ballot. They will take the ideas and develop them into detailed project proposals (budget, implementation details, and impact), with the help of County project managers.
Voting begins Tuesday August 2 through Wednesday August 10.
Anyone at least 12 years old who lives, works, goes to school or worships (attend mosque/church) in the unincorporated area of Skyway, you can participate in THE BIG PB VOTE.