Metlakatla Service Area Playbook
Metlakatla Service Area Playbook
DISCLAIMER: Playbooks are Living Documents; Level of Service may Change!
Please subscribe below for updates.
What is a Service Area Playbook?
In an effort to provide current and relevant information specific to each of the communities served, this "playbook" will be a go-to site for communities to view current service levels, vessel availability for the route (a factor of terminal compatibility and vessel characteristics), mitigation measures in place and as a way for DOT&PF to engage with communities on opportunities for service.
Please visit the main Reimagining AMHS page for more information on how the system is charting the course to reliable service through incremental phases of system improvement--starting with system stabilization and moving into recovery and full steam ahead to reliable service. The program page will also provide up-to-date reporting on metrics related to the core AMHS system health elements of crew, vessels, and budget.
What is the current service to my community?
- Status Alerts: Users can subscribe for AMHS text updates for service level changes beyond those published in the schedule. For other updates and general information, visit our website.
- Current Service Schedule: As service schedules are updated, they will be available to view here. Please also refer to the Level of Service and Fleet Availability chart below.
- Fleet Compatability: Of the 9 vessels in the AMHS fleet, Lituya is the only vessel compatible with the terminals and service needs of the Metlakatla service area. Refer to the Level of Service and Fleet Availability charts below to see which vessels are currently serving your route.
LEVEL OF SERVICE AND FLEET AVAILABILITY
|Port Calls per Month in Current Schedule|
|Vessel(s) Currently Scheduled|
Tables have been updated to reflect the OARS Calendar as of 12/12/2022.
What events are scheduled for my community?
The events in the table below have been requested through comments on Public Input. Requested events are reviewed to inform scheduling and supplemental service decisions. Once an event has been reviewed, this table will describe the level of service that can be provided.
REQUESTED COMMUNITY EVENTS
|Event||Start Date||End Date||Location||Status|
What current mitigation measures are in place during the Stabilization Phase?
- Fares: All fares will follow a flat rate pricing structure until further notice.
- Policies: DOT&PF is establishing a formal policy for supporting alternative travel options during disruptions. This is informed by public comments received to date and future engagement.
- Communications: Real-time text message updates will be developed to communicate where vessels are, and ship Wi-Fi will be installed for crew first, then expanded to passengers.
What is next?
Recovering reliability will take time. As the course to this recovery is underway, engagement with the community will help strengthen future decision-making around allocating resources as they become available.
Please review the above Community Calendar of Events and comment on any events that are missed for your community. Schedule patterns may be changed if warranted to be able to provide service to/from the events.
Learn more about the Reimagining AMHS program on our main program page. See below for a summary of our approach to stabilization and recovery.