A community engagement tool that combines GIS data with Engagement Data
Community Engagement software For Increasing Equity
Instantly identify resident demographics to improve community engagement
Community Engagement Is All About Context
There is no “one size fits all” approach to community engagement.
Equity Mapping is a community engagement tool that answers questions like:
- What are the demographics of the community affected by my project?
- How can I be sure my community engagement is representative?
- How can I defend project decisions to elected officials and residents?
WHY DO GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATIONS CHOOSE EQUITY MAPPING FOR COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT?
Save time and effort by identifying underrepresented groups early in the process
Screen for risk and plan for effective engagement approaches, informed by data
Increase equity by identifying key stakeholders that should be included
Demonstrate representative engagement to defend your decisions
In practice: Guilford County, NC uses Equity Mapping to analyze ARPA public engagement from Qualified Census Tracts
Screen for risk and develop effective community engagement strategies
- Overlay project boundaries and participant locations with key environmental and demographic data
- Tailor your engagement approaches to the communities you’re engaging
- Leverage a native integration with ESRI’s ArcGIS Online platform to bring in local data layers
Demonstrate representative engagement and validate your decisions
- Visualize your projects and public meetings with your participation data
- Demonstrate equitable, representative engagement with data
- Build segments to filter engagement from residents living in Qualified Census Tracts, Justice40 Communities, flood plains, council districts and more